Snap Judgments for the Undeserving

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Paris!

Bridget and I arrived in Paris on Thursday, and have been enjoying the hospitality of Donna and Jean-Pierre (Donna having been my mother's roommate when they studied in Paris together in College). Let's hear it for mooching!

Ah Pareees, citee of ze enchantement, of l'amoooor ... of really good views ...

If you go up Notre Dame, this is what you see:


Conversely, if you happen to be in front of Notre Dame, and I was there, you'd see this:


Look! Look! We can prove that we were actually here!!


Bridget is Gene Kelly on the Place de la Concorde
(If you haven't seen "An American in Paris" this will make no sense at all)


Anna finds Art Nouveaux in Paris! Isn't the Metro beautiful (or, the outside, at any rate)?


Also, for those of you keeping track of my Art Historical journies, here is the foot of St. Adalhard (14th Century, French), viewed at the Musee Cluny:
Some people worship feet:

3 Comments:

  • Sniff! I'm soooo jealous. Are you eating lots of yummy french foods?? Pain au Chocolat? If not, you MUST! The food gods demand it.

    By Blogger Costume Diva, at 11:28 AM  

  • Dukie said...

    I agree, if you haven't had a weird foot-long hot dog or had half a croissant while sipping coffee and smoking 2 cigarettes at once you are failing. FAILURE IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.

    Also, Bridgitte's head is a lot bigger than yours. Did you notice that. I was just noticing that.

    Finally, Dave - why not just start your own blog and call it "Anna's Continental Adventure" or "Why is this Crazy Chick in my Apartment all the Time?"

    That I'd like to see.

    ...Je suis en train d'etudie pour un examen du Francais...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:54 AM  

  • I loved the dancer's pose at the fountain. more please, in a circle skirt whipping around with the wonderful hair.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home