Snap Judgments for the Undeserving

Monday, July 11, 2005

Milan, Italy

Well, due to a wardrobe (um, I mean, train) malfunction, I accidentally visited Milan!! Although Bridget and I didn't really do what you're supposed to do there (shop) in our one whilwind day there, we did see some interesting sights...

Here's me in front of the incredibly superfluous Duomo:
The guidebood describes it as "fantastic" ... but I prefer "ridiculous". Don't worry, it's hideous on the inside too!!
Leonardo DaVinci also spent some time in Milan, and the science and technology museum has a great exhibition on his inventions ... including lots of little models, most of which are interesting but highly improbable.
Bridget enjoyed the model of the first fully automated loom ...

And we saw some art too ... but I won't get into it because as soon as I hit Florence I'm sure that's all I will talk about ... now, on to Venice!!

2 Comments:

  • You should have e-mailed me... I have an old friend whose family lives just outside of Milan.

    They could have hooked you up with traditional Italian cooking and a free place to sleep!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:33 PM  

  • Oooo...loom...someone, somewhere, sometime, might have made silk on that very loom!!! Mmm...

    By Blogger Costume Diva, at 2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home