Snap Judgments for the Undeserving

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Tetanus shot - Concensus: Not worth my $5 co-pay.

I'm not usually squeemish about health issues, but my arm really smarts

I was recently advised by the trusty, and aptly named, "advice nurses" at Kaiser Permanente that I ought to re-up my Tetanus/Diptheria booster. They said many dire things like "If you don't, one day out of the blue, you'll just develop lockjaw" and "Diptheria looks like a cold, but it can lead to heart failure, paralysis and death". So today, I was intimidated into actually paying for the privilage.

Of course, after my shot, when the internal medicine nurse turned to me and said "Now, if your face starts to swell up, or you break out in hives, take a benadryl and call me right away", I began to wonder if I was really any safer...


2 Comments:

  • Dude... Wow... Seriously... Wow...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:13 PM  

  • Unless you are walking through nails barefoot to get to work each day or have you taken up crafting furniture in between corsets...especially with rusty nails or maybe your corset wire are rusty? why do you need a tetnus shot!!!! I say try walk over coals instead - it may be safer. love ya, B

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home