Snap Judgments for the Undeserving

Monday, August 08, 2005

Malbork, Poland

This weekend, Katie, Lissa and I ventured north to explore a bit more of Poland. "Explore", of course, is a euphamism for "we found new places in Poland to shop", but I digress.

We stayed outside of Gdansk (Poland's major shipping town on the Baltic) in the town of Malbork, which owes is extistance to the crazy Teutonic knights. They built a really huge medieval castle, which they called the "Fortress of Mary", there and ruled with an iron hand until they were ousted in 1457

Really large red castle run by religous fanatics! Fun!!


We had some weather issues this weekend - I think this has been the only time in my 2-something months in Europe when it has really rained on me.
Katie and Lissa on the drawbridge in the schizophrenic weather


This is what happens when the three of us go on vacation, we get crazy.
Katie and I defend Marienburg from Lissa (taking the picture)

1 Comments:

  • Our photos do not manage to capture the true invasion of Malbork: the tour groups! This highly annoying phenomenon layed seige to the castle. Plus, the tour guides sucked! We would have loved a tour in French...but the guides spoke such horrible French that neither Anna or I could understand the jist.

    -Inoui

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home