Snap Judgments for the Undeserving

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Everyone hates their cell phone ... except that one person we all want to smack.

Well, I have decided that it's high time I rejoined the 21st century, and have thusly embarked on a crusade (and I do not use that word lightly) to attain a cell phone. While not difficult, this project has been full of angst for me: What if I get a phone that breaks? What if my coverage is crappy?? What if I’m stuck with a service that I hate and barely works for the next two years of my life???

Amidst all of this inner turmoil I realized something: Maybe all cell phone plans suck. Suddenly I felt a lot better – since every decision I could possibly make would be wrong, it didn’t matter what company I signed with, so I could just do what I wanted to do all along: get the plan with the PRETTY PHONE.

It’s all about the pretty phone … if I ever actually get it ... from my crappy wireless company…

Update:
Just for fun, here’s an excerpt from a glowing review of my chosen plan on epinions.com – it even has a “punny” title:

-Cingularly Inept-
Pros:

Mobile2Mobile feature is to die for, unless they decide to charge for the calls anyway
Cons:
don't have value 4your time; will screw you like you have never been screwed before


I’m not making this up.
Look up your plan – it’s fun, in a sick way!!

4 Comments:

  • What a well-timed post.

    Yesterday I got the little notification from my phone that I had a message, dialed my voicemal, and was told I had 17 messages from the last 4 days. My phone was hoarding them. 10 of them were from my crazy client who has apparently been calling me at weird hours just to talk...

    By Blogger Dan, at 3:02 PM  

  • That crazy client isn't named "Josh" is he? I imagine he's been hitting the sauce pretty hard.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:07 PM  

  • So which plan has the prettiest phone? And is it small? Because in the world of cell phones, size does matter!

    By Blogger Costume Diva, at 7:49 PM  

  • I sold my soul to Cingular - and all because they blinded me by offering this cute little camera phone for free. It is larger than some of the other cute flippy phones, but www.cnet.com says that it still kicks ass.

    And yes, I do have that much time to do extensive consumer research on each of the free phones currently offered by every major carrier ... I lead a sad life.

    Here's my phone ... hopefully ...

    http://reviews.cnet.com/LG_L1200_Cingular_Wireless/4505-6454_7-30914506.html

    By Blogger Anna, at 7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home