Snap Judgments for the Undeserving

Thursday, August 18, 2005

The Backstroke of the West...

Before she went on vacation, Melissa shared a little gem with us, via her blog:

If you've seen "Revenge of the Sith", or even if you haven't, you really desperately need to go here, and see what happens when a movie is translated into Chinese, and then directly back into English.

This is so funny, it made me cry ...
(keep in mind, I have a cold, so if this turns out not to be funny, I'm blaming the fever ... and Melissa)
There's even a pretty interesting comment section afterwards in which someone speculates about why these specific mistranslations took place ... if you are interested in lingustics :)

3 Comments:

  • On a related (though not as funny, I think) note, Engrish.com.

    By Blogger Ted Pavlic, at 5:36 PM  

  • I love the fact that I discovered this little gem, but Melissa is getting all the credit for it. Everyone who reads it:

    "Oh that's really funny Melissa. How do you find these things?"

    Just because I was being responsible with my time and not goofing off by blogging about it, Melissa gets the kudos!

    How did I discover it? Umm... it came up in my research while I was trying to track down information for my General Motors case study... honest.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:31 PM  

  • Oh play nice honey - I gave credit. Besides 'our dichotomy opens the combat.' :P

    By Blogger Costume Diva, at 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home