Snap Judgments for the Undeserving

Saturday, March 24, 2007

My Birthday is coming up...

Just in case everyone was not aware, my birthday is coming up. It's on Easter this year, and ever since at the age of 7, when I discovered that this could happen and consulted an ecumenical calendar to see when it would actually happen, I have been looking forward to this.

As I've been waiting for roughly 20 years, it's probably going to be a letdown (I get less and less chocolate as the years go by, which my 7 year old self did not foresee). However, I've found a way for everyone to make it special for me. I've discovered something I really really REALLY want:

My very own Space Adventure would only cost $100,000!!!


Can I have a Sub-orbital space flight? Just a teeny tiny one? Pretty pretty please? With sugar on top?? I'll even wait until they actually develop the technology to do this stuff!!

6 Comments:

  • sub-orbital? please. Anna, you definitely deserve better - and more stylish - space travel accomodations. What are those dinky ships in your picture - russian?? Seriously. http://www.virgingalactic.com/flash.html

    By Blogger Meels, at 3:04 AM  

  • You can have my ticket, Anna, since I don't want to go into space. I couldn't stand being in a little pod of air like that. Airplanes are bad enough. Oooh, too scary.

    Promise me though, when you go, that you'll say, "Wow, I can see my house from here!" Pretty please?

    By Blogger ARM, at 11:05 AM  

  • Actually ... I'm siding with the United Arab Emerites in the space tourist race ... is that bad?

    Since they've already actually had space tourists, I'm hoping for good things. Plus, it's near to my fabulous underwater resort in Dubai.

    By Blogger Anna, at 12:00 PM  

  • Aren't them there people from the United Arab Emerites terrorists? They have to be! Just look at the name of their country: the United Arab Emerites. That's all the proof I need.

    Dick, fire up the warships. We've another country of evil-doers to invade.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:42 PM  

  • That's awesome that your birthday falls on my favorite holiday full of Marshmallow Peeps and chocolate. I can't give you a space flight, but how about a trip to Space Camp!?!?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:42 PM  

  • Well Anna...we COULD give you a sub-orbital trip into space, but this would constitute a $200,000 gift. As I recently learned on CNN.com, believe it or not gifts like this have to be reported to the IRS as gifts. Some guy had to give up his free trip into space because he couldn't afford the $60,000 in taxes it was going to cost. I think the company founds some way to fix it for him (I think they paid him to test the flight or something).

    By Blogger Costume Diva, at 2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home