Snap Judgments for the Undeserving

Monday, February 05, 2007

Copper Chef III: Revenge of Wisconsin

To celebrate my return to the great tundra wasteland ... uh, I mean, delightful winter slopes of Wisconsin, a Copper Chef cooking competition was clearly in order!! The theme, appropriately enough, was 'Wisconsin'

Items from the homeland - or at least, that remind us of the homeland

(I guess soy nuts make Amy think of Wisconsin .... go figure)


Team J (yes, Jeff is our mascot) deliberates

This competition raised many deeply profound and esoteric questions such as:

How many items can you deep fry in 1 hour?


How many Posts at the cooktop until a fire breaks out??


And perhaps must importantly...

What would Alton do???


Also there was some cuteness:

Eeeeeeeep!!!


In the end many yummy things were created...

Team 'Deep Fry' presents:


The Results:


Due to an incident of election fraud, no winner could be declared (*cough* team 'J' *cough*), but I'm pretty sure that team Dumbledor's Army's maple leaf shaped summer sausage garnish will be etched permentantly onto our retinas. Also, team Deep Fry is welcome to visit me any time :)

6 Comments:

  • Anna, I had so much fun! Ok, so I always do at Copper Chef, but something about interestingly shaped meet and piles of deep fried foods just makes me giddy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:50 AM  

  • MMM...everything looks good. What are the rules of this cooking contest? It looks like fun, and we might have to recreate it over here on 'The Continent.'

    By Blogger Costume Diva, at 11:44 AM  

  • We play the game this way: every guest brings 2-3 "ingredients". We place them on a big table and divide into teams. Each team picks one ingredient in succession until all of the ingredients are taken, and then each team has 1 hour to create a dish using ALL of the ingredients that they have taken. They can also use extra kitchen staples (like "onions" or "pasta") in their dishes if they want. In the end, we judge the dishes by "taste" "presentation" and "use of ingredients". It's always really fun, although your kitchen gets really REALLY dirty :)

    By Blogger Anna, at 2:19 PM  

  • OK, I was not on the team, but I am pretty sure I came up with the moniker... Its supposed to be "Team JAAAA" As in Jeff, Amy, Anna, And Anthony. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:55 PM  

  • Hmmm ... I guess I thought "Jaaaaaaaa!!!" was something you yelled while, for example, flinging yourself off of a cliff. Besides, when I say "J" isn't the "aaaaaaa!!!" understood??

    By Blogger Anna, at 10:08 AM  

  • I'm still disappointed that nothing was vile.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home