Snap Judgments for the Undeserving

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Christmas at Hogwarts

... well almost. My fabulous friend John invited me to the annual "Yule Ball" at Knox College, a picturesque neo-Gothic residence at UofT. Yes, this is what I have been doing instead of posting, sorry.
The Art History contingent of the party*,
me, John, Ashley and Tiana

The evening was extremely British, we had a dinner complete with Boar's head in a pretty wood-paneled hall, and followed it up with caroling in a Gothic Chapel.

Here is everyone singing away

We even got Christmas Crackers!
Inside we got crowns, jokes, and tiny plastic figurines (I got a dancing women, and John got a cow, go figure)

After singing, we broke it down on the dance floor, which worked surprisingly well in a beautiful Olde English Atrium.

*While we pride ourselves on our ability to live it up, surprisingly it was the History students who were the real party animals.

4 Comments:

  • hey anna that's a really great dress! you look fab!
    -meels

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:52 PM  

  • The caption for picture number two should read: "Here is everyone singing away, except for the tall guy on the center-left who is frantically trying to figure out how to work his suit coat."

    Don't ask me why I notice these things. I just do.

    By Blogger Dave, at 1:50 PM  

  • Sounds like exactly the kind of blast one could have at a UofT res party.

    The Grad House fling two years ago was pretty much the opposite of what you described. Shameless drinking and lots of Outkast. Ruined my new dress with ranch dressing... sigh.

    By Blogger ARM, at 7:36 PM  

  • Wow...I have to second Amelia on the dress Anna. You look really great in it! Where did you get it?

    By Blogger Costume Diva, at 6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home