Snap Judgments for the Undeserving

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Reginam patriae de incolarum insidiis monui

Which translates as*: “I warned the queen of the country of the inhabitant’s plot.” Yes boys and girls, that’s right, it’s time for the Medieval Latin section of my blog**!! Okay, maybe not, but this is what I’m learning right now, which should be really useful in life … especially given the number of misunderstood Roman queens I know.

Actually, I just wanted to let you all know that I now know too many languages to run this blog with any kind of regularity. In fact, I think I know too many languages to allow for coherent thought. I’m supposed to be able to research in English, French und German (note the subtle use of German there), and now it’s on to delightful Medieval Latin, wheee!

But never fear, if I keep indulging in my current obsession with Battlestar Galactica, I’m sure I’ll soon forget one or all of those languages, and then the blog can return to it’s usually amusing form … just give it time.

Ooooh, shiny!

*please, don’t tell me if it doesn't, unless you want to crush my fragile spirit
**I can hear Amelia cheering … or is that crying …

4 Comments:

  • a fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi
    -tua mater

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:56 PM  

  • Um .... I'll let you know as soon as I learn those verbs/nouns/tenses/declinations and respond at that point .... 'kay??

    By Blogger Anna, at 5:39 PM  

  • which begs the question: which is less practical, a dead language or a fictitious one? Perhaps you should study Elvish...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:34 PM  

  • I used absolutely no verbs, thank you very much.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home