Snap Judgments for the Undeserving

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Canadian Karma

Okay ... I suppose it's just "Karma", but I couldn't resist the alliteration ...

So, I'm safe here in Toronto, ready for another fabulous semester of Art History.
Wooooooo!!

I got in last night and found my apartment in immaculate, and I mean immaculate condition. My totally unknown tenant had even hung up dryer sheets to make the place smell fresh. So, as my furniture and appliances were not at the time on the Canadian black market, I was delighted.

So, obviously, last night as I bought groceries, fate dictated that someone had to steal my wallet. This is mildly annoying (and the Intern asserts that my identity is now in jeopardy) but, I have decided that this is far better than having no more "bed" or "television". I choose to accept this event as the natural response to my unnatural good luck in sub-letting, because otherwise Canada has recently become a high crime area, and if so, I seriously fear for the fate of humanity.

1 Comments:

  • Your wallet was probably stolen by a desperate graduate student trying to get by on $2.59 until his or her fellowship check arrived.

    We are so glad to have you back. IKEA awaits!

    By Blogger ARM, at 10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home