Snap Judgments for the Undeserving

Friday, July 28, 2006

Berlin, Germany

On my way to Poland a couple of days ago, I had the chance to stop in Berlin and visit a friend from school. Anna (and we even say it the same way, which leads to lots of confusion) was a great sport, and took me on a tour of the Bundestag, the famous buildings of the German government.
Here's a view of the Riechstag building, home to the German parliament
(I got to go in the cool dome)
Some of my Professors from Toronto were also in Berlin for the summer, and they also came on the tour!
Here we are, milling around in the Paul Löbe Building,
the conference center for the Parliament
Anna kindly let me stay with her and her husband in her pretty apartment in downtown Berlin. She even taught me how to make Kasespatzle, one of my favorite South-German dishes.
Anna is Swabian ... you can tell by the enormous Spatzle-press she owns!
Before I left the city I also got a chance to peek at one of the fabulous art collections...
Here I am in front of the Kunstgewerbemuseum
They have lots of nifty Medieval objects in this colletion
I like this Limoges Reliquary because it looks like the Baby Jesus is levitating :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home