Snap Judgments for the Undeserving

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Bamberg, Bavaira, Germany

Bamberg was the second town that I visited last weekend. Honestly, I went because I'd heard the town name associated with lots of Medieval manuscripts. Bamberg turned out to be a very interesting town, with a great 12th Century Cathedral.

Here's a view of the city and the hill with the Dom:
Here I am, outside the Cathedral, on a very worn ... lion thingie??
(This Cathedral was the site of my 12th century liturgical vestment viewing,
in which I spent 3 hours and forgot to eat lunch ... I have a problem)

Here's a view of the cute little old town ... the river really makes it quite scenic,
they call it their own Klein Venedig (little Venice)*

And here I am, outside the only Baroque church in the town
(because every town needs at least one)
This one was interesting because of it's botanical-print style fresco decoration.

*My friends from the program actually went to Venice this same weekend, and I think that their pictures show that there's really no comparison.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home