Snap Judgments for the Undeserving

Monday, June 26, 2006

Meersburg, Lake Konstanz, Germany

Last weekend, our program had yet another little trip planned for us, this time to several towns on the shores of Lake Konstanz in southern Germany. I could tell you all about the neolithic stilt village that I visited in Friedrichshafen (not making this up)*, but I'm figuring you all will want to be spared that...

Instead I shall show you beautiful Meersburg, a town with lots of pretty old buildings and also the oldest castle in Germany (or so they claim)!
Here is the Schloss ...
it was started by Merovingians, which must make it cool
Here are the girls by a cute, and very typical fountain, on the way up to the Schloss
(nb: in Germany, every castle is on a big trecherous hill (I assume for tactical purposes). Keep this in mind when planning shoe choices)
Here I am, on the actual drawbridge over a big chasm ...
even I was impressed.
And finally, here's a view out over the town and Lake Konstanz from the Schloss.
*No, seriously, not making this up:

2 Comments:

  • Asterisks do not lend credibility to your fictional exploits. But I belived you because the germans are just silly enough to have such a place. Silly Krauts, stilts are for clowns!

    Clearly, I have not recuperated from a long and debauched weekend.

    Also, I got your postcard. It was not made of chocolate, as I had hoped. But I miss you too!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:43 AM  

  • more pictures for you ... Greeting from Bregenz

    http://www.badische-seiten.de/impressionen/index.php?action=showgallery&pfad=Meersburg

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home