Snap Judgments for the Undeserving

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Tübingen, Baden-Wüttenburg, Germany

This weekend, my friend Meaghan and I took a day trip to Tübingen! This town boasts one of the oldest Universities in Germany, and, as Meaghan and I discovered, is also really cute. The town isn't really known for its amazing sites, but rather its medieval collegiate atmosphere and great medieval architecture. Thus, we wandered around the old town and looked at 500 year old student dorms, checked out Goethe's publisher's old house, and ate really yummy strawberries.

This is a view of the Old Town, over the Neckar river
Apperantly all postcards from Tübingen consist of this view.

Here is Meaghan, with the StiftsKirche behind her
(the strange clock tower was a later edition to this 15th century church)

Here I am, at Neptune's fountain, in the main square.
Very Renaissance-y

These were seriously yummy:

2 Comments:

  • Good heavens! I had a picnic in this very spot on the river before time (as you know it, anyway) began! (unter den linden?sp?).They probably have the same trees! I can't stop with the exclamation points! Must be the veery deep wierdness that washed over me when first I saw the river picture!
    Bitsy and the N-man are coming to Milwaukee today. Wish you were here, in a way.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:55 AM  

  • That is a very choice outfit you are sporting.

    The dearth of comments proves that nobody cares about your strawberries.

    Blog more. I can't live vicariously through you if you don't tell me what is going on!

    By Blogger ARM, at 6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home