Snap Judgments for the Undeserving

Friday, June 02, 2006

Ulm, Germany

Well, after a very long (although not as long as it could have been, given that I had 3 connections to make and each coud have lead to badness) journey, I have made it safely to the University town of Ulm!

I've only been here long enough to see the Old Town (I got here yesterday and classes start on Tuesday), and the main attraction here is certainly the huge Münster Cathedral!

This is the Münster steeple ... the largest steeple in the world (instert joke here).
It is very, uh, impressive...

So impressive that you can see it everywhere ... this was taken outside my dorm room

And finally, here's what my neighborhood looks like:
(Well, except my building which is an ulgy monstrosity, but I digress)


More on my hideous dorm room and weekend "planned program excursions" to follow ...

2 Comments:

  • Enjoy the Milka chocolate. It is in the purple packages with the purple cow. I liked the hazelnut ones (though I ate way too much milk chocolate in Germany and I don't really like it so much anymore!) Also, don't forget to check out the tabloid-type newspapers, especially now that the World Cup is going on. When I was over there, one of them was making fun of this Russian soccer player who had his pants pulled off during a game. The tabloid published the pictures of "his shame" and joked about how small it was. Yeah, no kidding Well, it WAS pretty small...

    By Blogger ARM, at 6:07 PM  

  • Yay!!! Welcome back to the neighborhood. We'll look forward to seeing you soon.

    P.S. - Richard and Malaika seem to be having a nice time here with us in Warsaw.

    By Blogger Costume Diva, at 6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home