Snap Judgments for the Undeserving

Monday, March 27, 2006

Movies that change your life:

To sum up my weekend, I will just say: watching Zorro, The Gay Blade is much better than actually "doing my reaserch." Yes, that's right, it's a movie about Zorro and his gay twin brother which I think that everyone needs to see.

Many thanks to Amy and Justin for introducing me to this work of cinematographic genius. I especially love two fun facts about this film:
1. Amy watched this film growing up, and thus has always thought that Zorro had a gay twin brother with a prediliction for a whip and snappy colorful outfits.
2. I swear that the theme music from this film is taken from "The Sea Hawk" with Errol Flynn ... so when gay Zorro is prancing around in his colorful outfits to the epic background music my brain gets all crosswired, and I have thoughts like "Errol would look fabulous in Gold Lammé".

I don't want to give anything away, but here's a little teaser...
(I love the flower, it really makes the hat)

3 Comments:

  • Truly one of the greats, despite the bizarre decision to cast George Hamilton in the title role instead of the unforgettable Fernando Lamas.

    The Intern

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:22 PM  

  • That's George Hamilton? Wow, I didn't realize he had ever actually done any acting. I was under the impression that he'd just been born on the set of "The Match Game" and had spent all of his time since the show was cancelled:

    --Tanning
    --"Dancing with the Stars"
    --Tanning
    --Plotting to get "The Match Game" back on the air
    --Buying suntan oil

    By Blogger Dave, at 6:07 AM  

  • I clearly must rent this since I have no idea what anyone is talking about. Available through netflix?

    By Blogger Costume Diva, at 1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home