Snap Judgments for the Undeserving

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Horray for visitors...

... especially in February!!
Honestly, I think the only people nuts enough to visit Toronto in the middle of winter just to see me would have to be my parents. We had a great weekend, in which I competely ignored my woes of learning German and reading about the Carolingian Renaissance, and did lots of tourism and ate yummy food instead.

First, we took a tour of the St. George Campus (the scene of my academic exploits) and wandered into all the historic buildings.
Here the Intern re-lives his school days of Yore:

I tried to get them to eat Poutine (french fries covered with gravy and cheese and the only truly "Canadian" food I could think of) but I guess the truck you get them from was a little too sketchy for their taste.
As far as I know, no serious injury has been associated with the Poutine from here:

Then we clearly had to go to the Shoe Museum ... because its mere existence demanded it.
Mom is pretty confident that her shoes will measure up:

Sadly her boots, though very trendy, were almost immediately eclipsed in coolness by the Pope shoes:
We also went shopping in China Town, and were amused and disturbed by a great many things
I love the expressions on their faces...
(note: we have no idea what the orange colored meat actually was)

And these are only a few of the delights to which you may all be expected to submit if you ever have the tragic misfortune of being coerced into visiting me in the lovely city of Toronto. Um .... please??

3 Comments:

  • There's a SHOE MUSEUM??? How was this information not revealed sooner? This is HUGE NEWS.

    By Blogger Christina, at 4:19 PM  

  • ::Dave begins praying that Melissa doesn't learn of the shoe museum's existance::

    A shoe museum!? A shoe museum? You've got to be kidding me, right? I've already got a costume museum to look forward to in Bath, England and now I have to worry that at some point in the future I'm going to be dragged to a shoe museum? I may as well just slit my wrists now. It would be less painful.

    By Blogger Dave, at 6:33 PM  

  • Okay...everyone calm down about the shoe museum. I must confess that the gravy/cheese dripping french fries has enraptured me. That's what dieting does to a person.

    I wish you were coming with us to London!! I AM dragging Dave to a costume museum, but I can't talk him into London Fashion week. I know that you would be game to go see cool overpriced clothes and models sashay down the catwalk. Plus...it's FASHION WEEK!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home