Snap Judgments for the Undeserving

Friday, January 13, 2006

Pax Ikea

I heart Ikea, and here's one of the reasons why ...

A couple of days ago Amy M. and I went shopping for chic and trendy homegoods. As we shopped we noticed that Ikea had plastered very prominent banner ads all over the store, and Amy pointed out something that I just never imagined that Ikea would sell:

That's right, Ikea sells peace ... and at a discount!


I suppose I shouldn't really be surprised that Ikea carries this, they have everything else. However this brings up two salient points:
1. The sign doesn't mention how much peace costs in the first place, so I can't know I'm getting a good deal.
2. Perhaps Amy and I should reconsider this grad school thing, as our already warped minds are clearly not being helped by the experience.

2 Comments:

  • Well, IKEA does seem to be entering a golden period similar to the Pax Romana during which the Mediterranean "lake" area and surrounding civlization were relatively tranquil. That is, of course, until the death of Marcus Aurelius in AD 176 after which the empire fell completely to shit. So we must ask ourselves how will IKEA crumble? I'm guessing they will start by admitting two completely insance Canadian grad students with nothing better to do than shop for "homegoods." Sadly, the golden period is ending (gasp...sniffle).

    -Snapbro

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:43 PM  

  • by insance i meant insane. Clearly.

    Love and kisses,

    -SB

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home