Snap Judgments for the Undeserving

Monday, September 27, 2004

My "Doberman" needs a date ...

Not a newsflash, but: The British are a strange, strange people, and their animals are apparently no exception. What do Brit pets need now, you ask??

Fancy outfits??
Yummy Ice Cream???
No, they desperately need ... DATING!!
Yes, thanks to Lonely Heart Listings, redcoat pups everywhere are getting together.
At first I was mildly disturbed, because I thought this service was set up to romantically involve two pets. Upon closer inspection, however, I think the owners are just getting together for Walkies.

Money Quote: "In some cases, perhaps, people are hiding behind their dogs to try to meet people."
(I feel, somehow, as though this phrase is just begging to be made into a metaphor for the human condition ... )

2 Comments:

  • You'd be surprised....remember my French play Sophmore year? Europeans are very much into breeding their dogs, and they never neuter their male dogs. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually are looking for a little "girlfriend" for their favorite pooch.

    -Inoui

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:11 AM  

  • Or maybe this is where Rick Santorum goes for his man on dog action.

    Ok, I'm sorry. That was tasteless.

    - Drew

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home