Snap Judgments for the Undeserving

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Voting ROCKS

Actually, the best part of the whole thing may actually be the sticker:
(Mine isn't this cool,
I just have a piddling red "X" with I Voted printed beside it)

But of course I jest, the best part is standing in line and listening to the people around you. The girl behind me (for an hour, no less!) kept getting and making phone calls on the subject of a friend and this friend’s court date. Apparently “things were looking up” for the friend, until she totally didn’t show up at her sentencing this morning. Oops.

I voted at the “International Union of Operating Engineers” which was sort of interesting because I’ve always wanted to see inside the building. Turns out, their decorating theme can be summed up in one word: Collage. Oh yes, for every event held at the IUOE they felt the need to make an elaborate photo-montage. There is an entire hallway dedicated to this; it is honestly kind of creepy.

So there ya go, two reasons* to vote completely unrelated to civic duty … what more could you want?

*Okay okay, so maybe "being nosey" is technically only ONE reason ... but isn't it reason enough??

6 Comments:

  • Hey Anna!

    I'm so impressed that you got to vote so EARLY!!! I'm going this afternoon and will hopefully be successful. I'm utterly convinced that I'll show up and not be on the books, or be at the wrong place, or something. Maybe some lawyer will march up and say I look suspicious, and then demand 10 different forms of photo identification. :)

    -Inoui

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:15 AM  

  • If it makes you feel any better, I had to pick out my name from the list myself, because the nice lady working the desk couldn't find it ... then she had me sign the book upside down ... really inspired confidence, let me tell you ;)

    By Blogger Anna, at 9:18 AM  

  • TIM MICHELS FOR U.S. Senate!!!!!!!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:45 AM  

  • I, too, had to find my name. The lady flipped past it twice and the third time I put my finger on my name so she couldn't flip anymore.

    I signed upside down, too. I think they do that on purpose.

    By Blogger Dan, at 12:03 PM  

  • Hey, I just finished voting, and it's official. There are no guidlines on the signing of the roster. :) I got to sign mine right side up.

    By Blogger Costume Diva, at 4:08 PM  

  • Talk about feeling left out of the democratic process! Try following the election results from an internet cafe in southern Mexico! We have a t.v. in our hotel, but I can only understand about 20% of the Spanish commentary. At least we can seek political assylum or something and stay in Mexico for the next four years if W is reelected.

    (Anna - we promise to send you an update on our adventures shortly :) )

    H2

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home