Snap Judgments for the Undeserving

Monday, November 01, 2004

You know you had a good Halloween weekend when ...

… You needed three costumes. Well, perhaps “need’ is a strong word, but I donned three costumes none the less.
for example:

(Nini and I are minions of the Underworld!! No wait, I'm a Genie!! (with Natasha, of Boris and...))

Also, Dan wore a set of silver sequined playboy bunny ears and matching bowtie in public. I think my life may now be complete.
hot:

One low point of the weekend: I gave out candy to little trick-or-treaters in my uncle’s neighborhood on Sunday night. They were all so cute, and I have to admit I was one of those annoying people who does the whole “... and what are you dressed up as??” thing instead of just shelling out the candy. Anyway, a little boy came up to the door in a turtle costume and I said “awwww, are you a Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtle??" And he looked at me like I was completely insane and said, “um, I’m just a turtle … can I have some candy?”

Pardon, what did you say?? Old?? I’m not old!! Besides … I could swear the Turtles came back … but maybe that was a few years ago …

2 Comments:

  • Hey Anna!!

    Okay: you are not old. As a religious follower of Saturday morning cartoons, I can tell you that Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles HAS made a comeback. They're on the WB. So the kid just wasn't hip and tuned into the fact that he was CLEARLY a teenage mutant ninja turtle.

    By Blogger Costume Diva, at 3:52 PM  

  • Don't feel bad. I can still sing the entire theme song from memory....

    By Blogger Dan, at 9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home