Snap Judgments for the Undeserving

Thursday, October 28, 2004

There's something about the library...

... that makes the plants here go nuts!
As part of my esteemed position as Access Services Supervisor (yes, I know the acronym is ASS, but thanks for mentioning it) I am the self-appointed horticulturalist for the Science Library (Read: I water the plants! Sometimes, I even re-pot them!!).

Over the past year I’ve noticed something very disturbing about the plants here in the library, they are growing totally and completely out of control ... they love it here ... but why!?!? Are they somehow encouraged by the nurturing learning environment?? Or perhaps it has something to do with the chemicaly-infused water from the Science Building???

For example: The following is a picture of a violet given to me by my very thoughtful friend Meels, in the spring of ’99 … it was so cute: a tiny little violet with a couple little blossoms, in its own little pot … and thus it remained, until last year, when I brought it to the library … behold what it has now become:

We’ve had to re-pot it twice, and I think it may be trying to eat the printer...

3 Comments:

  • Maybe the plants eat the stress and CO2 of the students in there. They feed on our feelings.....

    By Blogger Dan, at 12:40 PM  

  • Exactly Minnie, exactly...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:06 PM  

  • Halloween Post!!!, Must have Halloween post from Snap-J!!! My preious....

    check the New Halloween Toon at Homestarrunner.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home