Snap Judgments for the Undeserving

Monday, October 25, 2004

I live!!!

I have survived my weekend of moving horror. Did I say “horror”?? I meant bliss …

I assume this slogan is an ironic statement:
If I look insane in this picture, it is because after 15 hours in the car alone, I am.

But I'm exaggerating, actually my trip went quite well:
1. My car did not explode from the strain of pulling all of my earthly possessions across the country.
2. Said possessions are now stacked precariously in my parent’s attic.
3. My fabulous friends from home actually seemed quite happy to see me, and had a little par-tay which was tons of fun.
4. The trailer-less trip back to DC went swimmingly*, and was filled with a lot less of the shear unadulterated terror that I experienced while towing.

*Thanks to the very thoughtful hospitality of my friend Gigi, I stopped in Pittsburgh (halfway through my drive) for the night. There I was also entertained by the ever-lovely Christina and all-suffering Ronson, who listened to my caffeine induced babble for longer than I would have thought humanly possible.

6 Comments:

  • So I'm curious, is it possible to drive in reverse with that puppy on there?

    By Blogger Dan, at 4:20 PM  

  • You know ... because of something SOMEONE told me, I never actually tried ;) I can say that after about 12 hours of driving with it, the fear basically wore off, and I was perfectly prepared to cut people off and do crazy illegal turns to get out of the Chicago rush hour traffic.

    No-one was hit ... I think ...

    By Blogger Anna, at 4:29 PM  

  • Yay!!! Glad you made it back all in one peice. :) hopefully you can rest some this week. How was Wisconsin? Did you bring back any cheese? You always bring back the best cheese...mmm...

    By Blogger Costume Diva, at 9:10 PM  

  • Yo... First...the cheese sarcasm is not appreciated. We are working hard here to elect politicians made of cheese... or that at least have an appreciation of real cheese and not sarcastic cheese. Second of all... if anyone wants to bus in and vote for my guy in Wisconsin I'll take you out and get you hammered on Miller Lite.

    Peace
    Bush Rocks the Wiscizzleshizzle

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:59 AM  

  • Hey Campaign Boy...no scarasm intended. I'm actually coveting any cheese your sister may have brought back with her...she really does have great taste in cheese.

    And while I do believe in voting early, often, and as many times as possible, I don't think I had better place a vote in Wisconsin...they'd want my tax money...and Maryland is taking enough already. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:51 AM  

  • Hey...even if I don't vote...can I still have some that miller light???

    -Inoui

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home