Snap Judgments for the Undeserving

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Weirdest Week Ever

New plan! I'm not doing anything ever again because it will just end up like this:

Today I had a dentist appointment … fine … okay … everything is normal. The appointment was fine. Everyone was perky and nice, there was no drilling, it was fast and easy. I left the office to return to the library, went to the underground parking garage, got into my car, pulled up towards the gate, and was surprised by a line of cars…

So … the gates are broken … well okay … we sit around for about 20 minutes waiting for the attendants to figure out what to do. Finally someone has the brilliant idea of raising the gate by hand. Dun dun dun!!!! Okay, so the small cars start flowing through. Then, they realize that big cars (like mine) are TOO BIG to fit through the gate. At this point, the guy in the White Hummer in front of me lights up a cigar … and I pretty much realized all was lost.

50 minutes … in that parking garage … no cell phone or radio reception … no visible natural light ... wheeee!!!

1 Comments:

  • Woah!!! Looks like someone needs to teach the guy with the hummer a lesson or two. You buy a hummer so that when the crappy parking gate breaks, you RAM RIGHT THROUGH IT!!! :)

    Sorry you were stuck for such a long time. We need to get you 'emergency' car books! Come and see me, I'll fix you up.

    -Inoui

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home