Snap Judgments for the Undeserving

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Know what I love? The DMV

I know, I know, everyone is probably tired of evil DMV sob stories … but I’m just so mystified...

This morning, as I attempted to renew my vehicle registration online (I should have realized at the beginning that it was far to “easy” and “convenient” to actually work) I found, to my great surprise, that I had 3 tickets on my record! Of course, I’d never seen or heard of any of these tickets, so I put in a call to my local friendly DMV associate.

After the 1/2 hour hold, the nice representative explained to me that the tickets were for another vehicle registered to another person. But … I still have to physically go in to the DMV to get them to erase the tickets!! Why?? I don’t know … she said she “couldn’t” tell me. I assume that this information is kept secret in the interests of national security. Should I be blaming the patriot act?

2 Comments:

  • $$%^#&* DMV!!! I hate them. I have to go in person to change my name. Social security doesn't require me to go in person. But DMV? Oh yes. Try registering a car that was never registered in the U.S.! Now there's hours of fun, and multiple trips for you!

    -Inoui

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:42 AM  

  • No, I can say with some authority that provisions of the Patriot Act are not applicable in cases such as yours. Perhaps if your telephone, toll, or transactional records were being subpoenaed you would have a legitimate complaint. Or, maybe if the DMV was bugging your home... Wait a minute... ooooooo...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home