Snap Judgments for the Undeserving

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Family Update

Due to the recent influx of emails asking about my family in New Orleans, I thought I ought to post about it so that people won't have to worry too much...

Everyone in my mom's family living in Orleans Parish and Metairie got out of the city in time. They are mostly staying in Houston now, with more family. They were all pretty lucky, in that they all have places to stay, and my uncles both have branches of their jobs in Houston, so they are able to continue working.

It seems like the city is going to be a disaster-area for a long time, so I know that all my family would appreciate your thoughts and prayers in the months ahead...

2 Comments:

  • Glad to hear that your family is doing well. I'll be thinking of them. We also had a tense couple of days in which we had absolutely no contact with my aunt and uncle from New Orleans. Fortunately, they were also able to get out.

    My entire family sends out their thoughts and prayers to everyone displaced by this catastrophe and to the families of those who weren't so lucky.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:18 PM  

  • I totally forgot to ask you about your family when you came over the other day! I'm glad to hear that they're safe and sound. We're praying for them and everyone affected by the hurricane.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home