Snap Judgments for the Undeserving

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

London, United Kingdom

Here I am in Britannia! Due to an issue with a "free" international ticket that I was awarded by an airline that will remain nameless, the only flights into Europe I could find this spring were through London. Tragically, this means that I have to stay here for a few days and frolic, uh, I mean cry.


As I'm sure you've all surmised, I've spent most of my time here thus far going from museum to museum. It's been lovely weather, too, so my walks between said museums have been very pleasant.

The National Gallery makes me happy

The British Museum is also fantastic
The Parthenon frieze has always been my favorite part

Of course, Viking stuff is always nifty and shiny

And, of course, the V and A exists to shower me with 14th century French Ivories

I also took a peak into Westminster Abbey, which I had not explored the last time I was in London

They wouldn't let me take pictures of the inside cluttered with tombs ... stinkers.

And, never fear, I also took time to gaze at over-priced designer handbags and buy delicious food at Harrod's

Yummy

4 Comments:

  • The National Gallery, huzzah! You are a girl after mine own heart. Did you eat a scone in my honor?

    Love and safe flight vibes,
    your envious girlfriend

    By Blogger Rebecca, at 6:10 PM  

  • Oooo.. London.. Fish and chips. Guinness. BBC...

    For frig sakes. Now I'm jealous. Heh...

    By Blogger Ken, at 7:22 PM  

  • Yum. Did you get to have a cream tea while you were there? I LOVE having tea, but it's always surprisingly expensive. Much like the rest of London.

    By Blogger Costume Diva, at 6:27 AM  

  • I went to the zoo on Sunday...that was fun...bet you're jealous.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home