Snap Judgments for the Undeserving

Thursday, January 06, 2005

We all need more science stuff..

Slate is hosting a new Science blog … although perhaps I should clarify, it seems to be more of a pseudo-sciencey current events sort of blog, but as this is its first installment, I think it deserves observation. Besides, I’ll take my cutting-edge geekiness where I can get it.

I particularly enjoy the commentary on the idiotic “laser pen of terror” thing we have going around the anti-terror brigade these days. Just wondering, but did anyone, upon hearing of the arrest of the alleged laser pen wielder, breathe a sigh of relief and think “well, thank goodness we have someone looking out for our back” … personally I honestly thought that it was a joke.

Money Quote: “The government has no mechanism to regulate laser pens!!!!!![emphasis mine]"
True, true … but one would really hope that someone has the mechanism to regulate random unidentified people standing out on the tarmac.

Instrument of destruction:

1 Comments:

  • I love that the way they caught the guy was that, when they sent out a helicopter to investigate the source of the beam, he pointed the laser at the helicopter, too. I wonder if he made laser noises with his mouth while he did it. "Peeeow peeeeow!"

    By Blogger Dan, at 3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home