Snap Judgments for the Undeserving

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Weirdest alumnae recruitment moment ever.

So, yesterday I went as moral support with my best friend to a doctors appointment of hers. After the doctor completed the procedure, he started chatting with us, asking us about our jobs and where we went to school.

After cleverly glossing over my unemployment, I told the nice doctor that I had graduated from Georgetown. So he looks up at me and says “Well, I’m a Hoya!” We then chat about this for a bit, and it turns out that he’s known my dad (another G-town grad) for years. This, of course, all takes place in front of my poor friend, who I’m sure was quite surprised at the turn her doctor’s appointment had taken.

Does it stop there? Oh no … his first thought when learning that I was a fellow graduate was to say “So, are you in the Georgetown Alumnae Association??”

Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Their people are everywhere I tell you!! Is there any means of escape?? Do you think they’d be satisfied with anything less than my life’s blood?

1 Comments:

  • Lol!!! Georgetown called me wanting money, and when I said no, even offered to put me on a payment plan!! Plus, I don't even know how they found me since my lease and phone bill all have my married name...It's freaky!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home