Snap Judgments for the Undeserving

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

First day of school!! First day of school!!

Okay, I lied, yesterday was my first day of school. Just wanted to keep you all updated, and to explain my pathetic lack of posts lately. I have now successfuly:

1. Obtained a student visa, at the border, with very sketchy materials. Bonus being that it is very shiny and makes my passport look full.
2. Found a tiny pink box* of an apartment to live in, just off campus near Chinatown.
3. Gone to classes, including German (ack!!), and I have distinguished myself as the "Hermoine" of my Greek sculpture class ... only less intelligent ... and more annoying. Despite this, people seem to still like me :)

I will post more of my usual pointless musings as soon as I figure out this whole "life" thing, until then, please bear with these little updates.

*insert lesbian joke here

6 Comments:

  • Since you're talking about a German class, shouldn't it be "Ach!!" instead?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:29 PM  

  • Yay for Greek geekery! I'm glad you're at least nominally settled.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:14 PM  

  • Yay Anna!! The Canadian's haven't killed or maimed you - I was worried.

    Don't you love their visas? I really like the Canadian visas, though I suppose I'll never have much of a reason to get one.

    Living next to China town would be soooo bad for my weight. Do you get a lot of good takeout??

    By Blogger Costume Diva, at 10:18 AM  

  • Honestly, I've been a little scared to go out and eat. But I hear of this great market on the weekends called "Kensington Market" which is right in China town that I'm going to check out this weekend...

    By Blogger Anna, at 10:27 AM  

  • hey anna -- kensington market is great -- a little north of chinatown though, which stretches down queen street w. kensington market is full of vintage shops, spice and coffee markets, and, if I remember this correctly, my favorite cheese shop... mmm... chive havarti...

    By Blogger Meels, at 12:31 PM  

  • Spell Hermione the right way much?

    -Dukie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home