Snap Judgments for the Undeserving

Monday, September 19, 2005

Someone has more free time than me...

Which ought to be worrisome, really, because he's my father and is supposed to have a real job. None the less, he shares these little gems with me, and I though I ought to pass them along to all of you... Hey, you can also guess which one is aimed at my environmentalist girlfriend?!?!

English is as she spoke - This is what happens when you try to translate Portugese to English using only your knowledge of French...
"Infamous as the world's most ludicrously inept foreign phrasebook, the misbegotten work of Jose da Fonseca and Pedro Carolino was revived in a new edition by the Collins Library in March 2002."

These people are your REAL family - Oh, and be sure to check the "news" section, which reports that:
"Blessed daughter Lauren Schmitt witnessed a vision of Master Ferrari's face in rainbow generated clouds in N. Central Iowa." Thank goodness.

And finally, a renewable energy breakthrough I can really get behind.

8 Comments:

  • Blogpire Productions Announces Newest Blog - Liquor Snob
    Blogpire Productions has announced the addition of Liquor Snob to its growing list of blog titles.
    this is the best thing about marketing that I have ever seen!
    go over to;
    www.eBizBriefcase.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:50 AM  

  • Wow... those ad people are relentless! Is it wrong that I derive deep pleasure from removing their ads?

    I found the following in the Proverbs section of the first link:

    To force to forge, becomes smith.

    Deep... I think that's going to become my new mantra.

    To force. To forge. Becomes smith. I may be crazy (likely), but I think I've just found the secret to inner peace.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:13 PM  

  • Inner Peace?? To force, to forge?

    Pluhlease!!!!

    Besides, the secret to happiness is with my new family. You will be assimilated.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:00 AM  

  • Yes, they make me want to kill and kill again. Speaking of ... I'm having trouble deleting their comments - why can't I get to the view that has little trashcans?

    Also, this makes me want to go to their sites and leave really obnoxious comments ... but then I think about the effort involved, and I'm forced to take a nap to recover.

    By Blogger Anna, at 8:36 AM  

  • To get the view with the little trashcans you have to first log into your blog edit page and then (while still logged in) view your blog and open up the comment section.

    I'm not sure if you actually have to open your blog via the blog edit page or if just opening a new browser window will work.

    Me and my gang of superfriends will overcome all creepy families who try to assimilate us!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:31 AM  

  • I've been doing that, but sometimes it just doesn't deign to give me the trashcan icons ... do you know if there's any other way to delete comments?

    By Blogger Anna, at 12:03 PM  

  • Yeah, I always forget this, you actually have to click the "Post a Comment" link. That should take you to the view with the little trash cans.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:35 PM  

  • Ooooooooooooooh .... thanks!

    By Blogger Anna, at 6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home