Snap Judgments for the Undeserving

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Protect yourself from alien death rays, using only tinfoil!

Some guys at MIT seem to have a lot of free time. That said, I feel like I know people who would want to date them.
On the Effectiveness of Aluminium Foil Helmets:
An Empirical Study
(it will change your life, and your critical fashion decisions)
I know, I know, we all were pretty sure that these helmets could protect us from alien death rays, or were at the very least effective government-mind-control-wave-repelling devices, but the truth is shockingly different. As the sciency results of this study clearly indicate, the helmets may actually make these things worse.
I'm sure you all join me in sending a heartfelt thanks to my intern, for bringing this grave and critical issue to the fore.

7 Comments:

  • "That said, I feel like I know people who would want to date them".

    You were thinking of Greg and I weren't you!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:10 PM  

  • That's Intern. Its not like you have more than one.

    THE Intern

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:32 PM  

  • Jeff, if you mean that I thought Sandy and Amy could be seduced by those MIT guys ... then yes. If you meant that I thought you and Greg would run away with the MIT guys ... then no?

    Also, I love taunting the Intern :)

    By Blogger Anna, at 9:01 PM  

  • Foiled again! (pun intended)

    Curses! That golf gift guy is always one step ahead of me!

    In the interest of accuracy I must point out that this experiment was conducted with aluminum foil, not tin foil as the title would suggest. True "tin foil" has not been a common household product for several decades; ever since technology made aluminum much cheaper to produce the terms "tin foil" and "tin can" have been technically inaccurate.

    Try to find foil that's actually made of tin at your local supermarket. I dare you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:53 PM  

  • Hmmmm, maybe "tin" foil is actually an effective apotropeic cranium device, and the government invented "aluminium" foil so that we'd think it did the same thing ... but really it's all about their plot for total mind-control of the populace??

    Also, I'm going to erase the golf guy. He annoys me.

    By Blogger Anna, at 9:34 AM  

  • He's certainly persistant. He got your Remembrance Day post again.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:46 AM  

  • Oooooooh ... he's going doooooown.

    I say that like I can do anything but delete him. Of course, there is a certain catharsis in the "delete permenantly" button that blogger provides us with.

    By Blogger Anna, at 11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home