Snap Judgments for the Undeserving

Monday, November 29, 2004

What's neat about having a house:

Guess who was just at the door?? That’s right, the Jehovah’s witnesses!!

They were perfect, these two sweet middle aged ladies clutching their copy of the bible and a rolled up “Watchtower”. I was all prepared to give them my “I’m happy with my faith” spiel when it came out they were here looking for DAVIN. So instead I had to give them the “I’m pretty sure he’s also happy with his faith” add-on … they didn’t seem convinced.

This is what happens when your little brother invites them in for TEA … beware, they always remember the tea…

BONUS: Oooh oooh, if you go to "The Watchtower" now, you can learn about the evils inherant in phone sex!!! We knew it was dangerous and evil ... but not THIS dangerous and evil.

What is possibly the saddest part of this whole thing is that as I talked to them I just had this line from “Buffy” running over and over in my head:
Buffy (as she tries on different outfits for the club): “Hello! I’m an enormous slut! Or … would you like a copy of ‘The Watchtower’??”

3 Comments:

  • I don't get it:
    "Related topics: Should I get a tattoo?"

    Also, I don't know if I would call this trend "alarmingly popular." I guess whether you are alarmed depends on who you are.

    By Blogger Dan, at 3:12 PM  

  • So...as a newlywed...and no longer in the 'courtship' phase of my relationship, what does the bible have to say about phone sex for me?? (insert dripping sarcasm) I bet these people think 'impure thoughts' are a sin.

    Sigh...so my latest escapade is that my apartment complex sent me a supbena to appear in court for failure to pay rent!!! (for all of you that don't know me, YES, I've paid my rent every month since I moved in, and NO it's NEVER NEVER been late). The incompetent lackies that work in the office confessed that they applied MY rent checks to someone else's account. They say that it's sorted out, and I don't need to appear in court.

    I've contacted a lawyer.

    WHY does this stuff happen to me???

    By Blogger Costume Diva, at 6:41 PM  

  • Because they are jealous?

    So ... does this mean that if you stop behaving like a responsible adult, then OTHER people's rent checks will suddenly start being applied to YOUR account?

    I'd try it ... I mean, if you are going to get a subpoena anyway...

    By Blogger Anna, at 8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home