Snap Judgments for the Undeserving

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Snow snow snow!!!

Yesterday, my whole family got together to get our Christmas tree!! It was so picturesque, we went at night just as it started snowing ....

Of course, I was the one driving, and after several years growing soft in the "warm" climate of DC, I forgot how my car deals with cold weather ... so I couldn't initially figure out how to defrost all of the windows. So there I was, driving through the snow, crunched down by the steering wheel trying to see out of the tiny patch of defrosted-windshield. To my family's credit, they seemed completely non-plussed. Maybe Davin's driving has broken them in...

Oh, and the best part was that we were all singing Christmas Carols (no, I'm not kidding). The crowning moment was after a round of "Oh Come All Ye Faithful" I called out "And now in LATIN!!" ... and my parents proceeded to call my bluff. At least now I get to claim that it is clearly my parent's fault that I'm a complete dork.

2 Comments:

  • C'mon... no one knows it after "Adeste Fidele."

    By Blogger Dan, at 4:58 PM  

  • and THAT is actually where I was proven terribly terribly wrong...

    By Blogger Anna, at 4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home