Snap Judgments for the Undeserving

Monday, December 06, 2004

When all else fails...

Use power tools!!

This weekend I was invited to a wonderful tree-trimming party by my best friend's fiance's brother's fiance!! (Heh heh, I enjoyed saying that).

It was a lot of fun, and us lucky party go-ers even got to make some of the ornaments! Turns out that after just one glass of spiked eggnog, I make really sad little deranged paper cranes ... I kept folding them backwards and upside down. Fortunately there was LOTS of space on the back of the tree for my little efforts.

Anyway, after the tree was all lit and decorated, and we were arranging the presents under the tree, someone noticed a disturbing increase in the angle of lean in the tree trunk. Despite all of our efforts with the tree stand, the tree would not stand on its own. What were we to do?? Tie the tree to the curtain rod?? Duct tape it to bookcases?? Never! Not when we have power tools!! Oh yes ... my friends actually drilled the tree to the floor. It actually worked surprisingly well ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home