Snap Judgments for the Undeserving

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

I take it all back!

Okay, sorry for the mixed messages recently, but I’m totally scrapping the whole grad school idea.

You see, I’ve just recently learned that I can have my dream career: Piracy. I know I know, you’re thinking “Internet piracy is old news, and besides, we’re not entirely convinced that you really know how to use a computer, Anna”. I believe you’ve misunderestimated me, I’m talkin’ REAL piracy, with boats and eye patches and quirky sidekick pets.

According to Slate, this field is experiencing a rebirth, especially in the seas of Southeast Asia. And here I thought I’d lost this opportunity 200 years ago. Silly silly me.

I’m going to persevere, even though I’ll never be as pretty as Johnny:

All are invited to join my crew, although boat skills or Asian languages are a plus (since I have neither, and I’m thinking that they might come in handy … I wonder what the Mandarin equivalent of “Aarrrgh!!” is, hmmmmm...)

3 Comments:

  • OMG! You have named my dream job. I am both a competent boater (see my blog) and speak Mandarin Chinese (see my degree.) How is the pay? Do you have dental?

    By Blogger Dan, at 4:38 PM  

  • You must spend more time with our friend Zac. He had grandiose piracy plans involving a submarine with a giant magnet on top for ship stealing. I have such clever friends...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:11 PM  

  • Okay, give me three years...I'll get posted to an asian country, learn the language, and you can use our house as your secret hideaway!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home