Snap Judgments for the Undeserving

Saturday, March 05, 2005

I just called Poland!!

And you know what? I feel that it was too easy. There should be really difficult operators, or long waits to be connected or something, that way I'd feel like I'd accomplished more. As it was, I just dialed a ridiculously large amount of numbers and was instantaneously and miraculously connected to my friends (who were clearly sitting at home, just hoping against hope for me to call) .

I know, I know, some people must call Poland all the time. Maybe I’m really struck by this because they literally moved to Poland YESTERDAY and yet they already have a phone and a computer with internet access and everything. It took me forever just to talk Verizon into giving me a home phone at my old apartment after I had been living there for weeks, and I think I had to sell them my soul in the process. Clearly I should just have moved to Eastern Europe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home