Snap Judgments for the Undeserving

Friday, April 29, 2005

Anna: 2, Kitchen: 0 !!!

Ahahaha! As part of my ongoing home-improvement projects, I have waged war against the two decorative columns in the kitchen, and emerged victorious!

This project went quite well, although it was very tedious to attempt to remove the columns without damaging them (so that they can be re-installed later, after the new countertop has been put in). The only real setback was that I had to go buy a new utility knife about halfway through this process. Looking back on it, I’m pretty sure you’re not supposed to use a hammer on them … not that this stopped me.

To read more about this and other home-improvement exploits, visit the Evil Lab.

Here I am, weilding a hammer, flushed with triumph:

2 Comments:

  • Ooooh, that's a pipe! Oh thank god. I was about to ask why you were bothering to save that ugly column, but I understand now.

    So, while you've got the column take apart, are you going to strip it, restain it, and then replace all of the cabinet doors to match?

    Or better yet, go Trading Spacesish and just paint the pipe!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:29 AM  

  • I think you need to make a Fiesta kitchen!! Paint the cupboards tacky colors, and then paint the walls with chalkboard paint so you can write on them with chalk. It'll go great with the classic columns. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home