Snap Judgments for the Undeserving

Thursday, May 26, 2005

In Transit

Well, I'm sure you'll all be pleased to note that I have apperantly survived my journey to Poland! All 24 hours of it.

'Why so long' you ask? Well, I'm pretty sure that for me, the 9 hour layover in Heathrow may have had something to do with it. So I decided that instead of being a lump and staying in the airport all day (although, let me say right now, they have an entire MALL of duty free there, so this was quite a sacrifice) I decided to visit London.

It was actually a lot of fun, and I met, I kid you not, an American girl my age who was off to be a missionary nurse in Zambia. And since we had the same layoever, we decided to tour around together for a few hours.

Highlights:
I made my new friend go to the National Portrait Gallery which I had not yet seen. It has a really interesting collection, especially of Tudor Portraits (all of those stock pictures you see of Henry XIII or Elizabeth I come from there, very cool).

St. James Park: It was a beautiful day, and the park is gorgeous. Ok, all I really remember are these adorable baby swans that we found. Their cuteness has erased all other memories from my mind.

Big Ben and Westminster: Oh yes, we were tourists. I even took a picture of Gretchen (missionary nurse girl) in the red phone booth in front of Big Ben. I'm sure this qualifies me for instant death or something. Alas.

1 Comments:

  • I'm so glad you're ok! I was worried about you. And I'm sorry our visit was so crappy! I am way stressed about moving, and I fear I was not a good host. Have fun in your travels, and I will think of you as I travel.

    By Blogger Dan, at 4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home