Snap Judgments for the Undeserving

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Life should be more like Star Trek, part 2

I'm sure you'd all forgotten my little "Life imitates Star Trek" rant many, many months ago (I know I had). I suppose I'd just given up on one day living at the blissful center of the United Federation of Planets (UFP? Gene Roddenberry seems to have been great at envisioning the future, but not so good at creating acronyms.).
However, the Intern has discovered something that gives my dream a new hope*. That's right, our own US airforce has evidently invented a ray-gun that is permentantly set on "stun".**
I can only hope it looks like this:


* Only Dave and Lissa will understand this sad little pun, and that's probaby a good thing.
** I also really really hope this is a joke, I mean, what is the Air Force going to do with ray guns anyway??

4 Comments:

  • Bastard blogger won't let me use bullets in my comment. I'll show them!

    -I actually do remember your original "Life imitates Star Trek" post. It was about a little badge thing that kind of looks like a communicator from TNG. And no, I didn't have to follow the link to remember that... I just have an eerily good memory for bits of useless information like that.

    -Tee hee... a new hope.

    -As far as I was able to tell this story is from a legitimate news site. I still don't trust it though; I mean, how much faith can you really put into a site that publishes something called Defence Weekly?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:25 PM  

  • New hope? Ummm... nevermind... I dont think I want to know. heh.

    Anyways, dont we already have something called a "Taser?!"

    You know, its that device that we keep firing even if the bad guy is down. Just to make sure they are stunned.

    By Blogger Ken, at 6:32 PM  

  • Hee Hee. I got the pun Anna!!

    Now, let us discuss the many reasons the USAF needs lasers:

    #1 Star Wars ( New Hope OR Reagan version)
    #2 So they can attach them to some frickin' shark's heads
    #3 Because the laser engineers have played Space Raiders one too many time

    By Blogger Costume Diva, at 11:59 AM  

  • You know, I hadn't considered the whole "sharks with friggin lazer beams" aspect of this, and I have to say, it's alllll beginning to make sense now.

    By Blogger Anna, at 6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home